American Idol - Season Seven



Make Money Online with American Idol

It's money season again. American Idol may or may not be your cup of tea but it is a huge traffic producer and for each of the past three years I have used the show to make heaping gobs of cash online. My regular readers are familiar with my Antonella Barba, Air Force One Sneakers, Bape Shoes and Kelly Pickler campaigns from last year and I have been busy dusting off my stable of Celebrity and Entertainment blogs in preparation for another season of this popular show.

This is strictly short term blogging and most of what I have taught you about creating long term sustainable Adsense blogs doesn't apply to this type of market. The SEO is still the same but you won't be chasing down PR or keyword authority for this market. The trick to this is Google's bias towards "fresh" content and Technorati's Tag system.

Now having said that there are a few things that are different this year. When I first started targeting American Idol there was little in the way of competition. That has changed drastically since last year and there are now hundreds of sites zoning in on this niche - thousands really but as usual not all of them know what they are doing.

The biggest change is an unknown - Technorati. In the past I used Technorati to drive traffic to my American Idol blogs by tagging them with the most popular terms people were searching for on Technorati. Unlike Google, Technorati posts the most recent blogs first in their search index and if you had enough blogs you could keep yourself constantly on the top searched Tag index. The problem this year is that Technorati has made so many bloody changes to it's site that I am not sure this will be as effective as it once was. They have tried to become all things to all people and veered away from what was once a simple blog directory. One of the biggest changes has been to eliminate the prominence of their "Top Tags" feature and this may have negative consequences as far as driving traffic this year. I shall find out...

Regardless I have been updating a my aged blogs and created several new ones targeting some of the contestants likely to make a few waves based on their popularity in the pre - Hollywood auditions. This is speculation of course but as I have mentioned before it never hurts to lock in the most desirable URL's on blogspot in case the contestant takes off.

Two good candidates are Asia'h Epperson who has already received a fair amount of attention because a) she is young and pretty b) she can sing? but mostly c) her father was killed in a car accident just before her audition and the Video of her performance and the effect it had on the judges, has been getting a lot of play on the net. The other notable could be Amy Davis who aside from singing professionally in a band is also a model and there is no shortage of scantily clad photos of her already online - ala Antonella Barba.

Needless to say the best that could happen is a scandal of some sort and American Idol seems to have a track record for these - if you have been thinking of trying out some of my short term methods for making money online this is the time of year to do it.

Note: I will be returning to regular posting shortly - my apologies as I have been catching up on a number of other projects that have been neglected and were beginning to suffer poorer earnings.




0 comments: